Is anyone of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let her sing songs of praise. Is anyone of you sick? He should call the leaders of the church to prayer over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. – James 5:13-14
Knitting Ministry gifts for Family Promise
Every year during Advent, the Knitting Ministry knits prayer shawls, scarves, baby items, teddy bears, baby blankets and more for our Family Promise guests.
Lay Visitation Ministry supports the pastoral ministry of the church, to provide support for members’ physical and spiritual wellbeing, maintain a caring supportive connection to FPC with members not able to actively participate in the life of our faith community and to provide service where possible through the following ministries:
- Member Visitation This is a one-on-one visitation ministry which provides comfort, a warm smile and a listening ear for those in assisted living facilities, retirement communities and/or recently released from the hospital.
- Flower Ministry Following the 11:00 worship service on Sunday the Lay Visitation Team members and volunteers take the sanctuary flowers and divide one bouquet into several and deliver them first to members in the hospital, followed by those recently ill and then those who receive lay visits. Seasonal flower deliveries include Christmas poinsettias and Easter lilies.
- Cards & Notes Ministry members write cards and notes on a regular basis to members in need of contact.
- Home Communion Ministry provides communion once a month at The Cypress, and also to care-receivers in their homes if requested, officiated by the pastors.
- Knitting Ministry knits prayer shawls for those who are ill or going through a difficult time, scarves and hats for the homeless, and baby items for local and regional children’s charities. Meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 1:30 p.m. in the church library.
Contact the church office at 843-681-3696 for information.