1. Do I have to register to attend worship? No. Attendance is first come, first served. The sanctuary will be filled first with overflow seating in the Gathering Space. The Fellowship Hall will be available for families. Those seated in the Gathering Space and Fellowship Hall will view the prerecorded worship service. In an effort to limit the time together, please do not arrive before 9:45 a.m. The service begins at 10 AM.
2. What will the service be like? The service will include some elements of the prerecorded/virtual service for that week, such as the Children’s Message and the choral music. Other elements will be live, such as the sermon.
3. Will there still be an online worship option? Yes. We will have our prerecorded service available on YouTube. The link will be sent out on Saturday.
4. What time should I arrive? Arrive between 9:45 – 10 :00 a.m. Enter through the main (narthex) or South wing entrance.
5. Will there be bulletins? No. You will be able to follow the worship order on the screens or print a bulletin at home and bring it with you.
6. What sanitary precautions are being taken? The facility will be cleaned and sanitized before and after worship.
7. Will I have to wear a mask? Yes. In the abundance of caution and for the safety of those around us, masks will be worn at all times.
8. Will I get to choose my own seat? No. Ushers will guide you and your family to your seats in accordance with social distancing guidelines. If you are able, please ask to be seated in one of the balconies preserving seats on the main floor for those unable to climb stairs.
9. Will we be singing? The congregation will be invited to sing in your hearts, but not out loud. Choral singing will be prerecorded.
10. How will we take communion when it is served? Each person will pick up their own communion set in the narthex when they enter.
11. Will restrooms be available? Yes
12. Does it matter where I park? No. Please reserve the closest spots for those who may not be as mobile as you.
13. Can we talk with our friends in the building before or after worship? Not at this time. If you want to mingle, please do so outside and be sure to respect social distancing guidelines.
14. Will the nursery be available? What about Sunday school for children and youth? Children of all ages are welcome to worship with their families and the nursery is open for infants and children up to age 4. Programs for children continue to be available online. Youth fellowship meets weekly outdoors on the church campus.
15. Will there be Sunday school for adults? Sunday school for adults remains online for the present time.
16. Will the pastors be preaching shorter sermons? It depends on what the Holy Spirit is up to!
If you have other questions, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To read the Protocol for the Congregation upon returning to worship, click here.